Sunday 23 January 2011

Day 1

We're struggling a bit with the dirt thing. Freya's finding it all rather worrying. She doesn't trust that the glasses, cups or plates have been properly cleaned. She's really anxious about Fergus who is constantly grubbing about in mucky corners and saying, "It's OK, I washed my hands an hour ago!"

Martha is utterly filthy. She's been barefoot since the minute we got here. Delhi is really dusty. You can't help but see filth everywhere. Hamish is hassling Gus to stay clean. We're all very tired. I just hope to goodness nobody's sick tonight.

We need to get this into perspective. It's hard when your kids are involved. I've even found myself inspecting the inside of the straws that went in their lassis. How is that going to help? Martha has now fallen asleep as dirty as she's ver been.

What has this night of our first Indian full moon got in store for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment