Tuesday 12 April 2011

Is this really it?

This is finally it. This is our last day. Our last day in Paradise and the final few hours of our monumental adventure.

It has exceeded my expectations on every level. My children have been so amazing at every moment and my soul has been rejuvenated.

Two months in India is my perfect tonic, and being here in Palolem, my most special place on the planet, is the cherry on top.

Every waking moment that we have spent here has been a dream come true. And every sleeping moment has been filled with the same blissed our dreams. Each night I have resisted the urge to go to bed, hungry to fill every second with the sheer wonder of being here. My eyes and ears have not missed a second of the beauty, greedily devouring every detail. And when sleep overcomes me, even that is filled with the pleasure of lieing in my huge comfy bed, under my frothy mosquito net, in my gorgeous hut.

I have loved running on the beach in the early morning quiet, waves lapping at my bare feet. I have loved coming back to my oh-so-gentle yoga classes with Ruban, under the shade of the palms, the view of the river and the jungle my focus.

I have loved playing in the sea, in the warm turquoise waters, with my family, watching dolphins cruising slowly on by.

I have loved lieing with Freya reading books on the beach. I have loved hearing Gus squealing with laughter as he plays with his friends. I have loved watching Martha clutching a ten rupee note and running, naked, as fast as her chubby brown legs could carry her, over the hot sand, around the fishing boats and into the little beach shack to buy Mentoes all by herself.

I have loved hanging out with Hamish, doing what we do best, being in beautiful places.

And best of all, I love that my kids love India. And India has loved them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment